Friday, December 26, 2008

Still waiting *sigh*

I had a biggo temper tantrum last Tuesday when the TV/Internet installer failed to show up again. Well, the tantrum actually came when I called in to find out where the guy was and was told that my installation appointment is December 31, that it was always December 31, that there was no record I had ever had an appointment for December 23. (Really? Um...then why did I get that automated confirmation call for December 23?)

I'm calmer now, but I'm afraid to say I'll be fully back on line next week. Let's just say that I may be back to my regular posting schedule beginning New Year's Day. If the weather cooperates, the planets align, and the technology gods smile on me.

*sigh..............heavy sigh*

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I hope he's not the same installer I had in Maumelle. He showed up for the first appointment and said the job was too difficult for the time he had that day, so he "rescheduled" me for the following week. Of course he didn't show up for the second appointment. When I called the company, they said he had noted on my order that I had cancelled both my appointments. I was so angry, I ended up going with the phone company for my internet, and a satellite company for television. A supervisor called me to apologize and offer me a great deal, but since they didn't have another installer at the time, I refused the offer.

Janna said...

Oh, I would be so tempted to change companies. What do you have to lose at this point? We just dropped our service for satelite TV because of terrible customer service. We have been without satelite for over 2 weeks, and I have to say that I really don't miss it. My kids have been busier with actually *doing things* rather than watching junk. I wouldn't be sorry if we didn't subscribe to another service, but my hubby probably has other plans.

Anonymous said...

HOW FRUSTRATING!!