Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Addie in pink

Codie is so sick! She got sent home from work last weekend with a fever, headache, sick stomach, and sore throat. We gave it a few days to run its course; but when I got home from work last night, she'd been sent home again (same reasons), she had a fever of 103, and she looked and acted horribly sick. I got the flashlight and looked into her throat, and what I saw scared me. So I called in this morning and said I would be late to work, and I took Codie to a walk-in clinic. We waited for hours and got an inconclusive report. Looks like strep throat, but it might be mono. By the time we were through at the clinic and pharmacy, it was noon, and I wasn't comfortable leaving her in that shape. So I called in and cancelled the proposal phone conference that was scheduled for this afternoon. I know we're in good shape on the proposal and everything I'd planned to do today can be done tomorrow. But I was still anxious all afternoon. I haven't been in this kind of bind between work and child since Codie was small.

Anyway, I wasn't comfortable letting her out of my sight, but I also wasn't comfortable just sitting on the couch doing nothing but watching her. So I finished up the handwork on the latest outfit for Addison. This is the one I made using the pattern from hell. I might repeat the little dress, but the hat and panties are going to be one of a kind. There are so many easier and better patterns in the world.





A couple of things about the dress that aren't clear in the photo: The back ties together with a big sash bow. The pattern kind of blends in photo, but trust me: There's a big honkin bow back there. And the front is embellished with sequins around the neckline--one little clear, irridescent sequin and clear seed beed at the center of each circle in the fabric pattern. So girly.

The bad news: I have a screeching headache and a sort throat. I hope it's just sympathy pains. I've got a lot of work to do in the next few days.

4 comments:

Janna said...

I LOVE this outfit!! So adorable!
I hope you and Codie are both feeling much better soon.

Lisa_in_AR said...

Oh poor Codie! Hope you're not getting sick too.
On a brighter note, Addie's outfit is WAY CUTE!

Cheryl said...

Ouch! Hope you're both better soon.

And that Addie is one lucky little girl!

Unknown said...

Oh no, I really hope it is sympathy pains!! I feel your pain (and Codie's). I get strep and tonsilitis about 300 times a year. It is always horrible!!

On a brighter note, that outfit is DARLING!! Great job!