Monday, June 9, 2008

Addie in blue

For me, the hardest part of sewing is all the pinning and cutting. I can put it off forever. Realizing that, I spent this past Saturday cutting out all of the Addie outfits I've planned. It feels great! Now I can just zip them up in my odd hours--before Addie outgrows them.

This weekend, I finished this little blue ensemble. In real life, it's not aqua. It really is blue. I didn't realize the photo was so off, and I went ahead and delivered the outfit to Addie's mom, Heather, so I can't retake the shot.

I've almost finished a little pink number, too. It will be the only one of its kind. As I told Heather, "Simplicity is not simple." What a dreadful pattern. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the resulting outfit will be wearable.

My posts may be sparse this week. I'm still in proposal hell. Only two weeks to go!

2 comments:

Janna said...

This is so adorable! I love all of these cute baby clothes you are making. Addie is one lucky little girl.

dogwood said...

Both outfits are so so cute!!
I absolutely hate patterns.... the cutting, the pinning, the trying to make sense out of sporadic instructions (why must they be printed all over the darn place!?)