Tuesday, March 18, 2008

On to the next obsession

I finished up the remaining collages-in-progress last night. Two are iffy. I'll probably take them apart and redo them somehow. But I've got at least five that will work for ACAC (the new ones plus a couple of returns that I really like and think should sell somewhere), so the pressure is off now. I'll try to photograph them tonight--trying to make a habit of that now since so many of my early ones just went out into the Universe undocumented. I'll post the photos here.

Now I'm free to focus on my latest obsession: the chair collage. Polly and I talked on the phone for a few minutes last night. I told her my ideas for the series of shadowbox vignettes. She offered some ideas of her own about how to personalize the piece. I think it's going to end up being kind of a portrait of Polly--a bit of a private joke since the meaning of the various elements won't be obvious to anyone who doesn't know her really well. For example, Polly grew up on a dairy farm and paid for her education by selling her personal herd. So I'm thinking one of the chairs needs to be upholstered in Holstein hide. Stuff like that.

It's a quiet day at work. I'm not complaining, but while I wait for the next rush from our client, I have to do something to keep from going crazy. So I've been hanging around on Etsy, eBay, and elsewhere on the Internet, picking up tidbits to include in the chair project. I cannot wait to get started on it. This is one project that may appear here in stages. We'll see.

Hey, Polly! Guess what I found! A miniature red adirondack chair! WooooHOOO!

No comments: