Tuesday, March 18, 2008

New collages

Here's what I've been working on.

lioness
I have an odd instinct which tells me that there is the sleeping lioness or the wild cat hidden somewhere beneath all that languid, gracious carelessness.

When people told Leona she was aptly named, she thought they were complimenting her mane of hair. She never suspected they were, all the while, standing just out of reach of her claws.

quite a disadvantage
when a girl really enjoys being with a gentleman, it puts her to quite a disadvantage and no real good can come of it.

Emily wonders fleetingly whether Herbert will still respect her in the morning.


at least once a week
A bath should be taken at least once a week, and if the feet perspire they should be washed several times a week.

Matilda considers whether it is worthwhile to remove her eight layers of clothing merely to bathe. What can it hurt to wait one more week?


for coughs
For coughs, colds, etc.--Syrup of Morphia, three ounces; Syrup of Tar, three and a half ounces; Chloroform, one troy ounce; Glycerine, one troy ounce. Mix them. Dose, a teaspoonful three or four times a day.

Miss Maybelle is known throughout the county for her home remedies. Her cough formula, in particular, is wildly popular. It’s too bad she hasn’t yet come up with an effective cure for baldness.


improving my mind
the only thing I am really interested in, is improving my mind.

Nelda always heard that “men don’t make passes at girls who wear glasses.” So she special-ordered a pair that were sure to do the job.

3 comments:

Julie Anne of Diamondmeenuh Creations said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE 'Improve my Mind'!


I wonder if it'll go with our new place in Washington.....first we have to find a place.....

Oh Mandie said...

Stunning! I agree, I love Improving My Mind... those glasses are great!

Janna said...

I love it all!! The collages are wonderful! And the stories should have a spew alert! I think Improving My Mind is my fav.