Monday, October 1, 2012

Isn't she lovely...

I'm so proud. Seriously. My favorite blogger in the world tapped me with a Lovely Blogger Award. Thank you so much, Anne of Luvaloo (and CraftGossip)! Here are the rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to him/her in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire.
4. Leave a comment on each of these blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.

Anne Weaver: You are the best! I'm so lucky that you're my friend. You are one of the kindest, most generous-spirited and brilliant women who have ever come into my life. You inspire me every day -- to do more art, to be creative in my daily life, to love everyone I touch. Thank you.

Seven random things about me:
  • I didn't discover I was full of art until well into my 40s. I'm 61 now. I feel like I need to hurry to express everything I can in the time I've got left. I don't know that my stuff is going to have much impact on the world. But I need to do it. That is all. 
  • Motherhood is not what I expected. (Is it ever...for anyone?) But having children is the most important, rewarding thing I've done in my life. I'm so grateful not to have missed it.
  • I was raised to be a dancer. I gave it up before I even got started well. But I did dance the female lead with the Arkansas state ballet company's Christmas production when I was 10 years old.
  • My eyeballs are pierced. It's true. OK, that's not as badass as it sounds. I developed narrow-angle glaucoma. Dr. Berry punched tiny permanent holes in my irises with a laser so pressure couldn't build up in my eyeballs anymore. There's a little part of me that wishes I could stick studs or hoops in the holes.
  • I have two tattoos: a tiny heart on my chest (The Janis Joplin Memorial) and a moon and star on my butt (The Cat Stevens Honorarium). I got them for my 34th birthday. When only military, bikers, and circus performers sported tattoos. So maybe I'm a little bit badass.
  • I quit smoking January 1, 2012, after 40 years of self-contamination. I freakin rock. Well, I may be chewing nicotine gum for the rest of my life. But I ain't smokin!
  • I made a deliberate decision about 15 years ago that I would no longer include men in my life as more than friends. No more dating. Absolutely no more love affairs. Done. That plan just got knocked on its butt. And nothing has ever delighted me more. I love God's sense of humor.

I'm going to skip the nominations because I can't pick. I can't pick. So many many wonderful blogs by so many brilliant friends. I love all y'all.

Thanks again, sweet Annie.

1 comment:

Palak said...

aww this is so sweet! I didn't realize that Anne had a blog outside of craft gossip!