1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself. (See below)
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (See further below...)
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
- I have sewed all my life. (Well, since I was about 10.) But I used to be completely puzzled by Anne and Scarlett's fabric fetishes. Why would anyone want to hoard random small bits of pretty fabric? You buy the yardage you need for your project, you make your project, you throw away the leftovers that are too small to be useful for other projects. Done. Then these evil women took me to a quilt store. And suddenly I saw all the possibilities for pieced projects and collage backgrounds and and and... And I overnight I became a fabric addict. It is the only area in my life where a designer name is of any importance. I follow fabric designers like other women follow couturiers. If there were rehab for crafters, my family would probably stage an intervention.
- My relationships with men have been...um...troubled and temporary, for the most part. But my long-term relationships with women give me joy and comfort my soul. I have been so lucky to be kin to women with whom I would want to be friends even if we weren't related. My mom and my sister are freakin amazing women. And I'm also lucky to have discovered sisters of my soul all along my life's path. Some of those friends have been in my life for more than 20 years, such as Polly and Rhonda. Some friends are newer but deeply treasured, such as Annie. The women in my life have made it bearable in the hard times and satisfying in the good times. The sisterhood means everything to me.
- Motherhood is not what I imagined. But I am so grateful for the experience, and so proud of my beautiful daughters.
- I came to art late in life. As I tried to support my children's artistic interests and talents, I discovered my own artistic drive. Now I feel I must hurry to express everything I've got in me. I have only so many years left!
- My house is decorated with souvenirs from all over the world. They're all gifts from my Winrock days. I've crossed over into Canada a couple of times. Otherwise, I've never even left the country.
- I will not eat liver or boiled okra. The thought has precisely the same effect on me as imagining eating poo and snot. Same thing. *shuddering*
Well! TMI, huh?
I'm passing this opportunity along to