Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Holy freakin moly

Guess what I just found in my e-mail in-box? An invitation from Heifer International to submit a design for the president and CEO's annual "VIP birthday card." Oh. My. Gawd. The communication officer contacted me, she said, because she's bought several of my handmade greeting cards recently. I'm pretty glad, right now, that I put my contact info on the back of every card!

I don't know details yet. She said they use about 300 a year, which go out to major supporters and celebrities (such as Susan Sarandon and Oprah). I don't know if they would want me to handmake that many, or if they just want a design they can reproduce. And she was careful to mention that they're inviting several designers to be considered.

So this definitely ain't a done deal, but it is one hell of an ego boost for a Wednesday morning. WoooHOOOOO!

3 comments:

Julie Anne of Diamondmeenuh Creations said...

YIPEE!!! HAPPY HAPPY!!!! HAPPY DANCE!!! AND SERIOUS CONGRATS!!!!! THey couldn't have chosen a better designer (or person)! Yeah, we'll wait for the final word, but I choose to celebrate anyway. Super way to start a Wednesday.

Janna said...

Go, Denise!! You ROCK!! And Heifer International knows it too!! I seriously hope you are chosen!!! You certainly deserve to be!

Janna

Anne said...

Well, this settles it then... You ARE a goddess!!! Just think, I'll be able to say, "I knew Denise Felton when..." and I'll be able to show off my collection of cards, i.e., your "earlier works"