Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Challenges

Tim Holtz has posted his first monthly technique challenge: distress batik. It's a technique I've seen before but haven't used in a long while. Can't wait to play with it.

The YaYa January challenge is on. The theme is trees and snowflakes, and the technique is smackin' acetate. The Art YaYas, which started as three friends e-mailing one another all day long, has now grown to 18 members; and I think everyone is participating in the 2008 monthly challenge. I've already received my challenge card from this month's partner, Debbie; and let me tell you, it is gorgeous. I'll shoot it sometime this week so I can post it on the YaYa site, and I'll post it here, too. Debbie started out a few years ago as a self-conscious stamper, and now she is truly a creative queen.

This week's challenge theme at Mixed Media Monday is whimsy/whimsey. I love checking in on what these chicks have been doing. The site owner does cool slideshows of the previous week's challenge entries. Fun!

And the word of the week at casseroleblog is primogeniture. Go play the word game and post your Etsy finds.

No comments: