Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day to me!

This photo of my stepdad and me was taken at my daughter's wedding. I don't know what was so hilarious, but clearly we were having a good time.



I didn't have a "daddy" till I was nearly 40. Then I received an enormous blessing: my mom married Joe Ammons. For the first time, I experienced unconditional love, approval, and support from a man in my life. He has stood up for me through incredibly tough times. He's always available with any assistance I need, from shopping for a used car for my kids to a cup of coffee and a good laugh. I could never give him a fraction of what he has given me. Thank you for 20 years of kindness, warmth, and joy. I hope we have at least 20 more together. I love you, Dad!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very sweet! And what a great picture. Certainly looks like you were having a great time.

I never had a dad, but my mom's dad took me fishing, to baseball games, to my Father/Daughter dances, and walked me down the aisle when I got married. Maybe one day, my mom will marry (maybe when I'm 40)... but for now, I'm glad I've had 28 years with my grandpa! )

Debbie Nelson said...

How sweet..you made me cry!

Rachel Biel said...

Aww... That is so sweet! What a blessing to have someone become your Dad like that! Love the photo!

ParrotiseBeads said...

Aww...there is nothing in the world like the love between a daughter and dad. I'm so glad you got to experience it! Fabulous picture!!