Sunday, October 26, 2008

I'm still here

I knew I was pausing too long between posts when Annie called me and challenged me to show what I've been working on before the end of this weekend. But then when my mom called to check on me - she said she was afraid I was sick because it had been so long since I posted - I knew I had to get on it!

So here's what's been going on at my house in between proposal hecticness.

The Polly collages are taking their final shape. I'm close to being able to arrange the little scenes in the boxes. I just need to paint a few things yet. (Like the taps on her clogging shoes.)


I've stitched backgrounds for several collages, and the frames are in the last stages of being painted now. So these should go together in the next week or so.





I've stitched several mini quilts - a new framed series that I'm going to offer to the shops for the holidays. They have lots of sparkly metallic threads and beads - even Swarovski crystals. And I'm painting the box frames with jewel-tone metallics. I think they're going to be pretty.


I still haven't got the fluffy-flower-ornament cards put together. I haven't even started on the angel cards. And the fluffy-knit-Christmas-tree experiment was a complete failure. I've got a long way to go before November 15! Cross your fingers for me.

8 comments:

Anne said...

*peeling my jaw up from the floor* Every time I think you've made the most beautiful thing ever, you go and make something even more stunning. You better watch it - keep on and you might have to start calling yourself an artist or something... :)

Janna said...

OMG!! I'm in awe! You are such an artistic goddess!! Wow!

idyll hands said...

Oh wow - those mini quilts are TO DIE FOR. Denise, you've outdone yourself.

Lisa_in_AR said...

GORGEOUS! Love all the beautiful needlework you've done!

ScrapbookDBA said...

Ditto to what everyone has said thusfar! My oh my! If you could bottle your creative and sell it to some of "us" other folk ....

I abosolutely adore the small box pattern (I'm sure there is some name for it which escapes me at the moment) ... can I see it before you post to Etsy? :) I need some color in my life!

Hugs,
Kimberly

Debbie Nelson said...

What can I say to add to the others..expect that your creativity never ceases to amaze me..you are awesome!!

Unknown said...

Those look amazing!! Oh wow!!!

Oh Mandie said...

Oh wow! I wish I had the talent that you posess in just your pinky finger woman! Those are absolutely lovely!