It's been a busy week, but bit by bit I've gotten another little outfit finished for Addie. And along the way, I've discovered that my new el-cheapo sewing machine totally rocks. I bought it mainly to do paper projects, and up until recently that's all I'd used it for. Our drunken bunkin' projects forced me to get out the manual and figure out the dials so I could set it up for fabric projects. (The machine itself is neither labeled nor intuitive. I think it must be Korean or something.) And, while it is definitely light duty, it sews like crazy! I was a bit nervous about putting buttonholes in this outfit. My previous, much-better-quality machine was a nightmare on buttonholes. This one zips them out so easily and with such beautiful results, I'll probably be sticking buttons everywhere on the rest of Addie's stuff.
I've got a busy weekend ahead, and my spare hours have to be devoted to cranking out summer greeting cards. But I hope I'll have another ensemble finished by next weekend.