Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tim Holtz rules

Tim Holtz's Design Ruler. This is my favorite tool ever! Okay, maybe not. I have so many favorite tools. But this one is definitely my favorite for this week and a contender for my all-time top ten.

As soon as Tim's new idea-ology line came out on Scrapbook.com, I ordered the ruler. (Actually, Kimberly was putting in an order and let me piggyback. Then, when the order came in, she wouldn't let me pay her for it. That is so Kimberly. I'll figure out a way to get her back, though.)

I've used it a bit here and there for measuring this and that. But this past weekend, I gave it a real workout as I assembled my new set of collages. It is so fabulous. I used the regular ruler measurements to figure out the sizes to cut my backing papers. I used the centering ruler to format my captions and other centered elements. I used the holes along the edge as a stitching guide. I even used the quilting-ruler-type markings to space my rows of stitching evenly. I think I did everything with this ruler except try to eat soup with it. I love it so hard!

I'll keep my metal ruler to use as a straight-edge guide for my exacto knife. I have a feeling the acrylic of the TH ruler will nick. But, otherwise, this is the only ruler I need. You need one, too!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Dude, I have GOT to get me one of those rulers!!

Unknown said...

OMG, I need that, I need that, I need that!!!

Oh Mandie said...

Whoa! I've got to have that ruler in my life!