Saturday, March 1, 2008

Literary tag

Beaded Bombshell has tagged me with this challenge:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five other people.

I'm sitting next to my daughter's bookshelf, so I'm going to close my eyes and pick something at random. Oh, cool! I grabbed The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman. (I can't believe there's going to be a movie of The Golden Compass from this series. I'll be first in line at the box office.)

Here's the passage:

"He was looking for remains of civilizations from twenty, thirty thousand years ago," the Pole replied.
"Nonsense!" said the Director. "Utter nonsense!"

Here's who I tag: casserole, punkinhead, Janna, Parrotise, and divaschmiva.

2 comments:

Junque Rethunque said...

you silly crafter, The Golden Compass was released last December... guess you missed that first-in-line bit. :)

Thanks for the tag!!

Denise Felton said...

Dammit! This is what happens when you no longer have children at home. You start losing track of kid-related media. Grrrrrr. *heading over to Amazon to see if I can nab it on DVD*