Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Coin flips revisited

OMG. I cannot begin to tell you how much I hate Blogger's automatic formatting. I have spent 45 minutes doing a 5-minute post because every time I publish, I get a different horrible result. Importing HTML doesn't help. Even coding the HTML tags directly into the post doesn't help. I wonder what my blood pressure looks like right now. If I can't overcome this, I'm going to have to move to a different blog service to save my sanity.

ANYWAY...

I got some great suggestions about how to use my stock of little coin flips. (See the 10/27/07 post.)

Annie said, "I'm seeing the plastic popped out and then beads strung on fishing line suspended between the layers."

Yes, yes, yes! Or charms! I think I have some snowflake charms that would work. And they would turn when the ornament is hung.

Polly said, "What if you made it into a decorated picture frame that could be used as a gift tag/tree ornament? Design a beadwork wreath around the circle on the front. The recipient could place a photo behind the second window so the face shows through the wreath when the 'book' is closed."

Cool! Or I could glue it shut, leaving one edge open, and the buyer could put two little photos in back to back. Then, as it hung on the tree, you could see a photo from each side.

Kimberly said, "I thought the little coin holders would make a cool little flip book with the same stamped image on each page...and each image colored slightly different...so when they were all together the image would be completely colored..."

Flip books! Brilliant! Wouldn't those be great stocking stuffers, especially if I could find a really funny little stamp to use.

Y'all are goddesses. Thank you so much. I can't wait to get home and play with my coin flips.

2 comments:

Anne said...

oooh, oooh, oooh! Mini photo frames, like Polly says. But cover the whole thing in gold UTEE and then stamp into the hot UTEE. Like a little gilded ornate frame for your tree...

Slide in an old yearbook photo maybe?

Denise Felton said...

LOVE it, Annie! I'm always looking for an excuse to use utee!